Thursday, April 29, 2010

Funny.....

Started blogging so I could or would or should (coudawoodashouda) display and talk about my paintings. Little of that has been done so far. Haven't really been painting much lately. There for a while I was at the easel every spare minute I could find. Lately, all I have been doing is thinking about getting back to my easel, I even played hooky Tuesday and skipped my art class. But really, 4 days, 10 - 3 on the same picture, please. Been working in my yard since we had a really cold winter in south Louisiana and some of my prized begonias are taking a while to recover. But also taking the opportunity to scale down in the yard some, meaning not replacing and shrinking some gardens. Sounds like I live on acres and acres but just a small subdivision lot with big old oak trees in the front and baby swings and big girl swings hanging from the branches. Neighbors can usually find hubby and me sitting out on our new red Adirondack chairs in the afternoon sipping on some cold Riesling, well me anyways~ and the chairs are plastic!
I am still wrapping my brain around the fact that my mother has alzehiemer's ~ moderate alzehiemer's. One thing to know and suspect it but another thing to have a doctor say those dreaded words. We have finally gotten some meds to help her stop going like the energizer bunny, literally 23 hours a day, being so paranoid and angry and just plain mean. Now she is calm, content, sleeping, eating better ~ but carrying around a baby doll, talking to herself and forgetting who we are. Tough watching mom go from always being well dressed, with makeup, and beauty parlor everyweek to a little ragamuffin. I say I am just looking at my future. Wish my family was a good source of support but that just is not the case. Of course this is not our first rodeo, my brother died of a brain tumor almost 7 years ago, and my dad died almost 4 years ago. I want to scream at my sisters, Just get over yourself~It ain't about you! Someday I just might do it.......but until then.......keeping it all to myself. Hence not painting....sucks!
Enough with this pity party.....in the words of Drew Brees.....Finish Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment